National Observer seeks an exceptional online campaigner to propel our success with digital subscriptions to the next exciting level.
About National Observer
National Observer is a Canadian publication founded in May 2015, providing intensive, investigative coverage of the oil industry, politics, corporate corruption, and much more. Since launching, more than 8 million pages have been viewed by nearly 5 million unique users. National Observer has won some of the most prestigious awards in Canadian journalism in 2016 and 2017.
Working at National Observer
We're proud of our excellent reputation and team of outstanding journalists and associated freelancers, tech and design professionals across Canada. Our offices are in Vancouver and Ottawa, but our largest audience comes from Toronto, followed by Vancouver, Montreal and Ottawa.
Our team is creative and enterprising, observing and documenting the momentous efforts by Canadians to meet the challenges of climate change and shift to renewable energy. We love what we do and are passionate about social impact and building a future for journalism based on financial sustainability and stability. We are dedicated to innovating and finding the way through the tough obstacles that media companies everywhere now face. Confident, collaborative, upbeat, thoughtful and self-aware people are most likely to thrive with us.
Here's the scoop...
- Grow our paid subscriber base and meet specific quarterly targets
- Fire up and inspire support team to excel individually and collaboratively
- Write eloquent and compelling letters and online messaging to convert readers to paying subscribers
- Develop and nurture new relationships with individuals and organizations
- Report to CEO and work with superb engagement team
- Follow National Observer's reporting closely and recognize opportunities to leverage reporting into subscriptions
Experience and skills we're looking for:
- 10+ years in leading online campaigns for an NGO or digital media company, or related group
- Demonstrated track record in meeting quarterly revenue targets
- Expert in using social media platforms for launching campaigns
- Working fluency in French a bonus
What you're great at:
- Articulating your passions
- Inspiring others
- Speaking and writing from the heart
- Editing your own work to near perfection
- Tracking projects over time
- AB testing
- Adapting to and using new software systems
- Accuracy and knowing the difference between an opinion and a fact
- Promoting a project you love
- Navigating the paradox of working independently and as part of a team
Part-time or full-time employee position possible. Based in Vancouver.
Contact: [email protected] with your resume and letter of interest.
Due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive for this position, we will only respond to applicants we hope to interview.
Thank you for your interest.